According to all of the stuff I’ve read about Snapchap, I’m nearly a decade too old to be their demographic. However, that doesn’t change the fact that everyone is using it. I downloaded it once about a year ago and just stared at it, deeply confused. I have since learned that I am not the only one who doesn’t find it intuitive to learn, which makes me surprised at their success. But, I am still a blogger who is on social media all the time (regardless of how neglected the actual blog is), and even I couldn’t stay away forever.
So, a few days ago, I decided to join and see what all the fuss is about. These are actual things I thought throughout the day on my very first day on Snapchat.
- I don’t get it
- Ugh! I don’t want to have to talk to people
- Showing my face and talking feels far too much like putting myself out there
- This app was clearly not designed for anonymous bloggers
- I absolutely hate that I can’t remember what I’ve sent people
- I love that it shows that you can see how people searched for you
- I hate that I can’t tell who the fuck is following me
- This app makes cyber stocking my followers far too hard
- My life is significantly more Mundane then I even portray, which is already portrayed prettyMundanely
- Being housebound and only having your dogs to talk to you does not make your life interesting enough to Snapchat
- Why the fuck would anyone Use this
- OMG I’m going to be addicted
- My dumbass dogs might need their own Snapchat account
- Oh Jesus I just became one of those people
- I can’t decide if snapchap is the worst thing to ever happen to social media or the best
Want to find me on Snapchat? I’d love for you to join the conversation! Feel free to send me snaps!